An evidence-based course to help you clarify what's most important and live with intentionality.
Live with purpose
Mindful Values is a first-of-its-kind program helping you connect with what truly matters in your life and take action towards living with purpose.
During the course, you will:
- Clarify your values and what's most important to you
- Learn to work with the barriers that come up around living out your values more fully
- Test out new concrete ways to put values into practice in your day-to-day life
By the end of the course, you'll have a clearer sense of what matters most to you and how to embody that more fully in how you choose to live.
Mindful Values draws inspiration and practices from three highly-researched interventions:
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Each of these programs has been shown to improve functioning and overall wellbeing in healthy individuals as well as those dealing with mental health issues.
Mindful Values takes the best of these interventions and combines them to create a new course that helps you clarify and live in alignment with your values.
While we draw inspiration from the above interventions, Mindful Values is a mindfulness program, not therapy. It is not designed to diagnose or treat mental disorders.
Mindful Values is a live, synchronous online program beginning in February 2023. It will run for 8 weeks.
Our group will meet for 90 minutes each week on Zoom, and there will be 30-45 minutes per day of home mindfulness practices and reflective exercises.
During our intro sessions, we'll give you an experiential taste of what the course will be like and answer any questions you might have. Intro sessions will take place on:
- Jan 15 @ 6pm EST (Sunday)
- Jan 24 @ 6pm EST (Tuesday)
- Jan 31 @ 6pm EST (Tuesday)
Interested in learning more?
The week-over-week curriculum for the program will look something like this:
- What do you Value? - exploring the foundations of mindfulness and values clarification / discovery
- Toward vs. Away - orienting our lives around moving toward meaning vs. avoiding fear or discomfort
- Defusion - learning how to work skillfully with the thoughts that lead us away from meaningful living
- Pain and Values - opening to discomfort in the service of moving toward what we care about
- Values and the Self - noticing where self-stories may be limiting us, and learning to hold them lightly and with compassion
- Values vs. Goals - using values to focus on the meaning in the journey, not just the destination
- Values in Practice - experimenting with new ways to move toward meaning in your day-to-day life
- Integration - how to continue values work on your own after the course ends.
You don't need any prior experience with mindfulness or ACT to sign up for this program.
You may be a fit you are....
- Looking to deepen a sense of calling in your work
- Navigating a life or career transition
- Searching for more meaning in your life
- Wanting to integrate your mindfulness practice into your daily life
I'm Casey, a founder and executive coach based in NYC.
I got into meditation after taking an 8-week MBSR class in 2013, and have taken mindfulness teacher-trainings through Brown and UPenn. I'm currently enrolled in UCSD's MBSR teacher-training pathway.
In 2020, I discovered Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) through its research on values and started working in consultation with several psychologists to adapt it to the world of executive coaching.
I created Mindful Values as an outgrowth of my belief in the power of mindfulness interventions and ACT's theory around values-based living. It is the program I wish I'd had when I first started meditating a decade ago.
Outside of coaching, I spend my time writing and working on projects around secular meaning-making.
In their words...
Founder at Every
"I've been working with Casey for over a year now, and I'd recommend him to any founder who is looking to grow their business while staying connected to meaning."
Ex-Founder at Vidcode (YC S16)
"I'd recommend Casey's retreats to anyone, especially founders worried about how to align their company to their values and trying to figure out their next steps."
Founder at Ophelia (YC W20)
"Casey is a master at cutting to the core of what matters and getting you to think differently about things that have been personal obstacles for a while."
Founder at Hodge
"Casey's retreat was a much-needed and refreshing pause to explore not just where my company is, but where I am and who I am relative to my startup."
Product Lead at Uniswap
"Working with Casey was a fantastic opportunity for me to explore my entrepreneurial journey in a safe space. The cadence of listening, feeling, and expressing in a non-judgmental manner helped me to identify parts of me that often get ignored otherwise."
Founder at The Browser Company
"Casey's retreat was an incredible experience– it was rejuvenating and contemplative, and allowed me to process a lot of the last several months of being a founder.”
Always be one step infront of your competion
Massa aliquet lobortis molestie facilisi diam pretium purus eros. Pulvinar tortor potenti vitae ultricies nulla.